Jewel Changi Attractions: All You Must Know About Singapore's Newest Landmark
Nested in South-East Asia, the city-state Singapore is often the first introduction to many first-time travellers. A multicultural heritage, Singapore’s bustling streets, high rises, and vibrant neighbourhoods offer a wide array of interesting attractions and culinary delights to choose from, making for a perfect blend of learning, education, fun and adventure. Jewel Changi, housed inside Singapore’s Changi Airport is one such attraction. Jewel Changi attractions like lush gardens, great shopping, delectable dining, and recreation make for a hearty Singapore experience. So get your Jewel Changi attraction tickets and explore this unique nature-themed world.
About Jewel Changi
Jewel Changi, which holds a ‘must-see attraction’ title in Singapore was born of the need to expand the Changi Airport- to put Singapore on the world map as a ‘must stopover’ destination and as a leading air hub. The word ‘Jewel’, taken after the gem, was adapted to make Changi Airport a ‘gem of a destination.’ This resulted in an engineering marvel offering travellers an integration of nature with play attractions that promise endless fun, world-class shopping experience, relaxation, and rejuvenation, and a wealth of delectable cuisines.
Top Jewel Changi Attractions
Other Facilities at Jewel Changi
If you’re looking for a quick shopping haul in between your flights, a world-class shopping experience awaits at Jewel Changi. Pick from an assortment of eclectic local names or famous global brands to take care of your needs on the go!
While it can be cumbersome to move around with your hand-carry luggage, don't let this bog you down. Leave your baggage at the paid storage facility at L1 and explore Jewel Changi attractions without any burden, while your belongings are kept safe.
Shaw Theatres Jewel
Allow the cinema-goer in you to enjoy a movie with some of the best state-of-art-technology in place at the Shaw Theatres Jewel. Entertain yourselves to a Hollywood blockbuster or a local production in its theatres that boasts of an IMAX with laser.
- You can visit Jewel Changi even though you are in transit at the Changi Airport. After you get your immigration clearance, exit the transit area and enter Jewel Changi. Jewel Changi is easily accessible from all terminals of the Changi Airport.
- If you are short on time and can't exit the transit area, you can still catch a glimpse of Jewel Changi. The Skytrain, which runs between Terminal 3 and Terminal 2, passes through Jewel to give you a quick view of the Jewel Changi attractions like the Rain Vortex and the Forest Valley.
- Exploring this engineering marvel requires time in hand. To have an enjoyable experience make sure you have at least a few hours to fully explore its gardens, attractions, and shopping and dining outlets.
- If you have shopping or dining at a particular outlet in mind, it is advisable to check with the respective outlets on their operating hours beforehand, to have a smooth experience.
- Changi Jewel has provisions for money exchange. You can exchange your currencies at the money exchange kiosk called FXCHANGE at B1 and L4.
- You can claim your Goods and Services Tax (GST) refunds before exiting Singapore from the Electronic Tourist Refund self-help (eTRS) kiosk at L1. Make sure to have your travel documents — passport, visa, and flight tickets, receipts of purchased items, and purchased items ready for a hassle-free process.
Book Your Jewel Changi Tickets
All Your Questions About Jewel Changi Attractions Answered
While Jewel Changi is accessible to everyone — local residents and travellers, it requires no tickets. Jewel Changi attractions like the Canopy Park, Canopy Bridge, Hedge Maze, Mirror Maze, and Manulife Sky Nets, require an entry ticket. JewelChangiTickets.Com offers online tickets for these attractions. You can also book your tickets offline from the digital kiosks located around Jewel.
You can make a pick from three types of Jewel Changi attraction tickets — Jewel Changi Canopy Park ticket, Changi Jewel - Manulife Sky Nets + Canopy Park, and Changi Experience Studio.
Jewel Changi attraction tickets are non-refundable. The one-time entry tickets are also valid only for the time mentioned on it. However, the tickets are transferable.
Jewel Changi is open 24/7 but certain attractions operate at specific timings. Canopy Park operates from 10 AM - 10 PM (Monday-Thursday) and 10 AM - 11 PM (weekend timing). Canopy Bridge is open from 10 AM - 10 PM, Hedge Maze from 10 AM - 10 PM, Mirror Maze operates from 10 AM - 10 PM, and Manulife Sky Nets from 10 AM - 10 PM.
While you can borrow wheelchairs and strollers from the Concierge counters on L1, L2, and L5 (at a refundable cost) to explore Jewel Changi, some of the Jewel Changi attractions are not wheelchair or stroller accessible.
Changi Experience Studio and Canopy Park are among the best Jewel Changi attractions for kids. The Canopy Park offers kid-friendly attractions like Foggy Bowls and Topiary Walk.
Families will love the Rain Vortex and the surrounding Forest Valley for their contrasting yet complementing beauty.