Everything You Need to Know About Getting to Jewel Changi Airport
Where is Jewel Changi Located?
Jewel Changi Airport is located at the eastern end of Singapore. It is situated at the center of Changi Airport and is easily accessible from all the terminals.
Address: Jewel Changi Airport, 78 Airport Boulevard, Singapore 819666 | Find on maps
Closest Landmark: Changi Airport
Getting to Jewel Changi Airport by Public Transport
Travel time: 1 hour
Closest station: Changi Airport Station
There are two Mass Rapid Transport (MRT) lines- the East-West Line (Green) and the Downtown Line (Blue) that pass through Changi Airport. If you’re taking the Green Line, disembark at Tanah Merah Station and if you’re taking the Blue Line, alight at the Expo Station. If your starting point is Merlion Park, take the green line from Raffles Place and alight at Changi Airport station. From here, cross the platform and take a direct train to the airport.
Travel time: 1 hour
Closest stop: Changi Airport, Terminal 1
Jewel Changi Airport is approximately an hour away from Merlion Park. Start your bus journey from Fullerton Square, 140 meters away from Merlion Park. Board the bus (100, 107, 57) from Bishan and alight at Aft Raffles Hotel. Catch the next bus (36) from PTB2 Basement and alight at the Bef Changi Airport PTB3 stop. The airport is just 700 meters from the stop. Bus numbers 24,27, 34, 53, 110, and 858 will get you to Changi Airport.
Travel time: 17 minutes
You can catch a cab from anywhere in Singapore to get to Jewel Changi Airport. This is a convenient option but a slightly more expensive one. The basic taxi fare is about S$ 4.05 and the price increases by S$ 0.70 after every kilometer.
Getting to Jewel Changi Airport by Car
Travel time: 17 minutes
Jewel Changi Airport is at the eastern end of Singapore. From Merlion Park, head south on Fullerton Road, continue onto Collyer Quay and turn left to Marina Boulevard to reach Sheares Avenue. Travel on this route for 15.5 kilometers until you reach Airport Boulevard. Keep in mind that this route has tolls and also parts of the road may be closed at certain times due to repair. Alternatively, you could also drive through PIE road to get to Changi Airport. If you’re taking a taxi, you can get dropped off close to Terminal 1.
- Airport Parking: Changi Airport has parking spaces at each terminal. Users can park for short and long-term. Charges for parking start from S$0.04 per minute. Every pick-up/drop-off gets a 10-minute grace period, and violating the rule may attract full parking charges.
- Hub & Spoke Car Park: This is a public car park and is open 24 hours. Hub & Spoke Car Park is the cheapest parking available at Jewel Changi. The car park is 2.3 kilometers away from the airport.
- East Coast Park Carpark G: This car park is 8 minutes away from the airport and is close to the East Coast Park Camping site. It is located outside the airport premises.
Walking to Jewel Changi
Travel time: 30 minutes
Like all other airports, Jewel Changi is situated on the outskirts of the city-state and is not an ideal landmark to walk to. Jewel Changi is located towards the eastern end of Singapore. If you’re in the vicinity, you can walk to Jewel Changi.
One of the nearby landmarks you can visit is Jurassic Mile Park. You can walk to Jewel Changi from here. Head north towards Terminal 4 Arrival and use the walkway to reach Jewel Changi.
Best Ways to Get to Jewel Changi
- Budget-friendly: The most economical way to reach Jewel Changi Airport is by traveling on the metro. The Green and Blue line will get you to Jewel Changi.
- Fastest route: The fastest way to reach Jewel Changi Airport is by car. It would take only 26 minutes to arrive at the Airport from attractions like Merlion Park. You can drive your car or hire a taxi to Jewel Changi.
- Sightseeing: Singapore has a robust public transportation system. You can walk from subway stations to bus stations and enjoy the beautiful city. Walking to Jewel Changi Airport is not an ideal choice as the airport is at the eastern end of Singapore.
Book Jewel Changi Tickets
Frequently Asked Questions About Getting to Jewel Changi Airport
A. Jewel Changi Airport is located on the eastern tip of Singapore, close to Singapore Wake Park.
A. The Jewel Changi address is 78 Airport Boulevard, Singapore 819666.
A. Jewel Changi Airport is the official airport of Singapore.
A. Jewel Changi Airport is accessible via the metro, bus, taxi, on-demand shuttles, or by car.
A. The fastest way to get to Jewel Changi Airport is by car.
A. The cheapest way to get to Jewel Changi is by the metro.
A. The closest bus stop to Jewel Changi is Terminal 1.
A. The closest train station to Jewel Changi is Changi Airport station.
A. Yes, paid parking is available at Jewel Changi Airport at all the terminals. The parking is automated, and strict rules apply.
A. Yes, parking for disabled persons is available at Jewel Changi Airport.
A. Yes, walking to Changi Airport is a good option if you are near the airport. Jewel Changi Airport is located away from downtown, so traveling on the metro or hiring a taxi is the best way to get there.