All You Need to Know About Jewel Changi Discovery Slides
Jewel Changi was designed to be a place of relaxation — a green space in the heart of the concrete. The vision was to turn this complex into an attraction by its own right. At the topmost level of the Jewel Changi is the popular Jewel Changi Canopy Park. It attracts a lot of attention from people of all ages. The imaginative garden trails and the greenery all around make this place a must-visit. The Jewel Canopy Park is not only very well planned, but it is also built keeping all its visitors in mind. For the young at heart, the Discovery Slides is a great place to pass their time. Right under the glass roof lies this eccentric sinuous vessel with a mirror finish that is complete with its own deck. It has a few slides with different specifications which will delight one and all.
Why Visit Jewel Changi Discovery Slides
Discovery Slides is known for its unconventional architecture and took two years to get from design to creation. The first concept of the Discovery Slides was created to resemble that of a gemstone. The cut-outs that make way for the slides were meant to provide a view of the interiors of the gemstone. The Discovery Slides is an architectural marvel, but its appeal also comes from the myriad of activities that can be performed here. There are slides, stairways, rope climbs, and a viewing deck as a part of its structure. The innovative shape of the structure means that it works with its reflective mirror finish to give the visitors the feeling of being one with the surroundings of Jewel Changi.
Discovery Slides: Must-Do
When visiting the magnificent and award-winning Discovery Slides, here are some things you must do as part of your experience:
- The viewing deck of the Discovery Slides is the highest in Canopy Park. Head here to get a bird’s eye view of the interior terminal of Changi Aiport and of the Shiseido Forest Valley and HSBC Rain Vortex.
- If you look out, you can also get a good view of the sky outside and the flights flying overhead. Don't forget to get a good selfie from this point!
- Combining art and play, one can enjoy the slides, stairs, and rope climbs, and at the same time; and also admire the surreal reflection of the striped floors on the shiny exterior of the slide.
- Choose from four slides: A family slide, a steep drop slide, and two glass-covered spiral slides coming down from the highest point.
Jewel Changi Discovery Slides Location
- Mondays to Thursdays: 10 AM to 10 PM
- Fridays to Sundays: 10 AM to 11 PM
Age and height requirements
The minimum height requirement to access Discovery Slides is 110 cm.
- Baggage storage is available for storing luggage and wheeled bags.
- The entire Jewel Changi Airport is wheelchair accessible.